Do you find yourself often triggered about what other people do?
Are you upset about other people's life choices?
If you find yourself emotionally invested in what other people do with their life you’re not alone.
Most people have points of view about what other people should choose and do with their lives, but the good news is you don’t actually have to care!
You don‘t have to get emotionally involved. It’s not your life and it’s not your decisions to make.
You don’t have to ”worry” about other people's choices. You are only in charge of you. You are only responsible for you. You can only actually choose for you.
Have you ever had someone incessantly worry about something you wanted to do or choose? Did it make you feel heavier or lighter? Was it fun for you when they were worried about your life? Why in the world would you want to do that to someone else?
We are all infinite beings. We all have infinite choices.
If you really want to help someone make good choices for their life try these:
1. Start by giving them more choices.
Layout everything you can possibly think of related to what they want to do. The good, the bad and the ugly.
2. Ask them tons of questions about their choices.
3. Help them get clear by telling them that they have a choice in their life and they can choose anything they desire.
4. Lead them to their lightness.
When it feels light for them you will know. Lightness symptoms include smiling, seeing their face light up, a brightness in their eyes, laughing and general overall excitement.
5. When you see them feeling frustrated or looping in negative thoughts, tell them that heaviness is always not true, so something about this choice they are trying to figure out is not true for them.
6. Have them say the choices out loud. Once you get more information about all the choices available have them speak each one out loud. Ex. I am going to choose to do..... Do each one. Which ones ”feel“ light and fun. Which ones ”feel” heavy and hard. Let go of all the heavy ones and focus forward on the ones that feel light and free.
7. Understand that everyone is on their own path, you may not “understand“ why someone is choosing something but making them feel bad about their choice is not contributing to anyone’s life.
8. Allow them to make a choice just because it ”feels” light for them.
9. Be happy for them that they are following their heart's desire.
10. Ask for ease for you and for them. Know you are helping them to create a life that works for them. Isn’t that what we all want?
Hold space for people to have a great connection with what works for them. It will cultivate and create your relationships greater than ever.
About the author
Jamie Bates is a consciousness facilitator, author, podcast host, wife, mother, empath, and energy healer. Jamie's podcast, Expand Your Reality offers a wide variety of tools and healing processes that are also found in her many workshops and online programs. Check them all out at www.jamie-bates.com